A recent realization that my past dream of doing one rally per year is even less likely to happen as time progresses, not only due to obvious lack of budget, but due to my diminishing capacities health-wise. It will take me a few more years to bring the car up to my vision (chassis and form-wise) and to basic rally competition spec (mechanically-wise). By that time, it will also need a complete refresh of the safety systems. Sourcing these items for the car to be able to pass tech is by itself more than a year’s worth of project budget. At best, Wabi~Sabi may be ready in 2020 and that is a really big IF. Even if I’m up at that point, actual participation in a single event will also gulp an entire budget year in just one weekend. A right-minded person would not find it logical to pursue that ambition. Since I am far away from being right in the head I will not be abandoning on that particular part of my dream just yet.
However, since 2014, my focus had already started to shift towards the building / fabrication part of the dream. My own vision of a rally car, if only form-wise. I like working in the garage as much, if not sometimes more, than driving the car. Furthermore, the realization of the car hauler trailer project made me appreciate my aptitude for that kind of work. My ability to attempt and make these projects happen on the cheap is really my forte. A skill that, if I ever have to abandon trucking, might save me from ending in the gutter.
I had started the “Recce RallySport” idea and moniker out of my own personal need to keep part of the original dream alive. However, as time progressed and new elements were introduced into my life, it is no longer as relevant or accurate in the bigger picture of my goals and ambitions. I am more than a guy with a car. I am a creative guy and a dreamer, not a professional or a competitive guy. My website / blog should represent that. As such, I have changed the site’s identity to “RECCE’S CONTRIVANCES”.
- a thing that is created skillfully and inventively to serve a particular purpose.
- something contrived, especially an ingenious device; contraption.
- an artificial rather than natural selection or arrangement of details, parts, etc.
“RECCE” itself was turned into an acronym by using the following;
- to treat or process (used or waste materials) so as to make suitable for reuse.
- the ability to produce a desired or intended result.
- the use of the imagination or original ideas, especially in the production of an artistic work.
- to create new
- to form (an idea, picture, etc.) of something in your mind.
- try hard to do or achieve something.
- A conscientious or concerted effort toward an end; an earnest attempt.
For me, all of these words come from a single source: dream. The starting point for all my projects. My means to an end. Oh and don’t worry, Wabi~Sabi will always remain the spotlight and my main strive. While the new website name is maybe a bit less catchy it is however much better labelled. 🙂